PCOS is Taking Over

No one could have prepared me for how quickly things can change with PCOS.

Beginning my Eat to Live journey helped many of my PCOS symptoms become regulated. Yet, all of a sudden everything went wonky. My symptoms of PCOS suddenly started popping up again. I attributed this to stress with the wedding, basically pushing it aside. The wedding has passed, I have settled into married life, and into our home yet more PCOS symptoms keep arising. Unfortunately the referral process to get in to see a medical professional could take months. It's up to me to once again figure out what my body needs.

Two of the top ways PCOS can affect a women is through fertility and weight issues. Both of which I'm currently experiencing. It's incredibly hard to be a newly married twenty-three year old who without reason suddenly gained eight pounds, and stopped having a period. Nothing I was doing before has drastically changed. I am frustrated. I feel like giving in to all my cravings and eating whatever the heck I want but that's not the answer. There have been more hard days then not lately. I don't want my PCOS to define me.

These next few weeks are going to be about going back to the drawing board to figure out what my body is looking for. If this means I need to follow the Eat to Live lifestyle 100% then that's what I'll do. I ask two things of you, please don't take offence if you offer me something to eat and I say no and please be patient and understanding that this setback at times is making me emotional and completely frustrated.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy 2019!

Healthy 2019: Meal Plans Week One

Healthy 2019: Week Two Meal Plans