Healthy 2019!

It's hard to believe that it's been six months already since our bundle of joy came into the world! He's changing each and everyday. It's amazing to watch the different skills developing. The time is just flying by!

Prior to getting pregnant I succeeded in loosing a very large amount of weight. It was the first time for as long as I can remember that I was happy in my own body. I felt confident in how I looked, my skin was in the best condition it's ever been, my emotions were the best they have ever been, and the number on the scale was just a bonus!

During my pregnancy I gained 60+ pounds, my emotions and skin were a mess. I unfortunately had the mentally that I was pregnant and could do whatever I wanted to. That was wrong, I've been paying the price since giving birth. My struggle with body image in the last six months has been at one of the highest points since I was a teenager. When life gets chaotic or messy we all seek comfort in something, unfortunately for me I seek this comfort in food which in turn adds to my weight which adds to my body image problems. It's a constant cycle!

Back in August I did a 6 week round of Eat to Live, but I wasn't really committed. I wasn't ready to build a habit out of it again. I know what I need to do to get myself back to where I feel the best and am happiest, but it's about doing it! I am finally motivated enough to take this challenge on!

Starting January 2nd 2019 we will undergo Dr. Fuhrman's Six Week Eat to Live Challenge! Prior to and during this challenge I will post the menu plan, links/cookbooks of where the recipes come from, and what I'm doing to keep myself motivated! If you'd like to join us in this challenge please let me know and I'll send you a message each time I write a post regarding the challenge.

Have a wonderful Christmas & New Years!

Comments

  1. Good for you! I am in the same boat except it has been alot more months since my baby was little. I need to kick my butt and join this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do join in the challenge! I'm working on preparing the resources to post, so keep your eye out!

      Delete
  2. I am ready to take this challenge with you Sam...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do join in the challenge! I'm working on preparing the resources to post, so keep your eye out!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy 2019: Meal Plans Week One

Healthy 2019: Week Two Meal Plans