Strawberry Banana Oat Bars

Have you ever had a to die for baked good!? I love baked goods. Not only do I love the baked good itself but I also love the creating part of baked goods. Ever since going sugar free I haven't really done too much baking. I knew that I needed to start experimenting with sugar free recipes or I would fall off the bandwagon. I recently discovered how amazing oat bars are, but I knew there had to be a way to make them without all that sugar! I have found an oat bar recipe that is amazing!

I found this fantastic recipe over at Running with Spoons. You can find the recipe here. There are many fantastic recipes on her blog, definitely a must follow blog!  I made some slight modifications to the recipe, and they still turned out fantastic! Instead of making the jam the night before I stuck it in the freezer to cool while I made the oat base. I swapped out honey for maple syrup, ground chia seed for whole chia seed, and baking soda with vinegar instead of baking powder. In the future I plan to add some cinnamon and nutmeg to add even more flavour to the oat base. 

I highly encourage you to give this a try, it's super easy and the result is amazing! 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy 2019!

Healthy 2019: Meal Plans Week One

Healthy 2019: Week Two Meal Plans