Lenten Challenges

The start of our liturgical season Lent is tomorrow. Often times I give up the usual chocolate, extra cup of tea, etc but this year I wanted to do something different. I challenged myself to come up with sacrifices/add ons that were going to draw me closer to the people I love & God, and help others. Over the course of the next forty days I will be deleting my facebook/messanger app off my phone and only checking my account from my computer on the weekends, each day I will find one item in my home to donate to charity, and I will spend more time reading scripture each evening.

Giving up Facebook:
Limiting the amount of time spent browsing Facebook will give me the opportunity to not only spend more time with those I love but also give me the opportunity to find more creative outlets, especially in the evenings.

An item a Day:
As I prepare to be married this coming June I'm working on packing up my current apartment to move into our house, and I have a lot of stuff! I hope that by donating an item a day for the next forty days I will be more aware of what enters my home and start to realize I don't need everything I have.

Daily Scripture:
I will complete daily scripture reading through a list of verses given to me to focus on, and the daily readings. It's my hope that this will draw me into a closer relationship with God, and help me to focus on the positive each day no matter what the circumstances.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy 2019!

Healthy 2019: Meal Plans Week One

Healthy 2019: Week Two Meal Plans