Physical Activity

November has dawned, we are almost half way through November. I always find November to be a very difficult month. It's an in between month as I like to call it. The leaves have fallen off the trees and need to be raked, but we haven't reached the point of significant snowfall yet either.

November brings a time of cooler weather, darker evenings, and absolutely no desire to go outside. Last November I had a gym membership so I had no excuse to not exercise, this year I'm not so fortunate. A switch in jobs brought some sacrifices and my gym membership was the first thing to go. I've had to be more creative with how I'm going to get more physical activity into my day, and honestly I haven't been doing great at it.

We are going to increase our physical activity slowly, but here's how we are going to start! We spend most of our time at Mr's house, which is within walking distance to a market, pharmacy, and Tim Hortons. Anytime we need something at one of those three places instead of jumping in our cars we will walk over and pick it up. The hope is that this will not only increase our physical activity but also encourage us not be running to the store as much. If you're within walking distance of places you frequent try to leave your car behind and walk!

I encourage you to join me in implementing some type of physical activity into your daily routine. Whether I head head for a walk, do some at home workouts, or do something on the Wii I want to be active everyday this week!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy 2019!

Healthy 2019: Meal Plans Week One

Healthy 2019: Week Two Meal Plans