Recovering Sugar Addict

I am a recovering sugar addict. I love sugar, of any form! Some of my favourite forms of sugar would be candy, cakes, and milk chocolate bars. Over the last ten weeks I've been working incredibly hard on transforming my eating habits, creating a new lifestyle when it comes to eating, and really eliminating added sugars to my diet. My PCOS has seen incredible improvement since I changed my eating habits ten weeks ago, and that's my motivation to keep going on this journey.

Unfortunately, this weekend brought me right back to the start in some ways. Over the weekend there were many birthday celebrations bringing with them many different types of foods, and a lot of cakes! I indulged in a lot of things that I worked so hard to cut out of my diet, simply because they were in front of me. It was the first time I had been in a setting multiple times in a row that had tempting food, and unfortunately I gave in. Giving in caused me to not only feel defeated, but by Sunday afternoon I could tell I was headed down a very dangerous road if I didn't get my act together quickly. I tried to sneak some cake into me on Sunday afternoon, thankfully Mr was right there and asked if I was really hungry or if I was giving into my cravings. He nailed it. The cravings I had worked so hard to get rid of were back! After ten weeks of working hard to get rid of them they came back! I knew right away I had to figure out how to get back on track, and fast.

This experience has taught me that I am not ready to have sugar around me, I can't have those temptations in front of me. I need to make a plan to eliminate all temptation so that I don't fall into this issue again. It's hard to fight those cravings once they come back.

Tuesday is weigh and measure day, I was absolutely terrified for this morning! My heart was pounding so hard at what those numbers were going to be. Thankfully I have seen another loss! I'm down 1lb and 3/4" for a total of 22lbs lost and 9.5" lost not including anything on my hips!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy 2019!

Healthy 2019: Meal Plans Week One

Healthy 2019: Week Two Meal Plans