Shopping the Flyers

It's hard to believe that today is the last day of November! I can't believe how fast this month has flown by!

My final challenge of the month was to shop the flyers more. My new career provides me with an amazing team to work with, fantastic flexibility, and amazing benefits, but the paycheque is lacking. I knew when I accepted this position I would have to make some sacrifices. One of the biggest sacrifices I have made in the last month is not being as "free" with my grocery money. My parents did an amazing job raising us three girls, and one of the biggest lessons I learned from my mother was how to budget our money appropriately. Especially when it came to grocery shopping.

I love looking for a good deal, and couponing! At one point I had a whole binder dedicated to coupons, now that I'm eating real food and making a lot of my cleaning supplies this isn't really needed but I still have to save money somehow!

A lot of my diet consists of beans, veggies, and fruit. Through watching the flyers I have been able to find some amazing deals on canned beans(I need the convenience right now), I was able to create a two month stockpile for the cost of one month worth because I got everything on sale. Other then bananas which are a staple fruit in my life I'm only purchasing fruit that's on sale, this also means that I get variety!

Make sure you're comparing the cost between different places, and the rewards that you receive from shopping at one place versus another. If stores are close enough together make the drive to get that better price! Also, make sure you go in with an organized list! This will enable you to walk through a section and pick out what you need versus have a scattered list and having to go back and forth.

Happy Flyer Shopping!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy 2019!

Healthy 2019: Meal Plans Week One

Healthy 2019: Week Two Meal Plans