Meal Prepping: 5 Tips

Do you find yourself stopping at a fast food joint to pick up a quick bite to eat on your way home because it's faster? The below meal prepping tips will help you to get home and have dinner on the table in under a half hour!

Tip One: 
Containers! I cannot stress this one enough. If you're going to meal prep for the week you need to ensure that you have enough containers to hold everything. I often find myself using glass containers for my main food, and then plastic for our day to day lunches. 

Tip Two:
Meal plan! Without a weekly meal plan it will be hard to prepare for the week. Often I'll make my meal plan for a month at a time. After I've created the meal plan I will create weekly grocery lists once the flyers have come out in hopes of saving money! If a meal I was planning to have the following week has most ingredients on sale that week I'll move it to the current week. 

Tip Three:
Batch Cook! If you're making something that can be frozen make a double batch so that you have it for the following weeks ahead. My lovely hubby eats meat with supper every night, so I'll prepare as much as I can on the Sunday when I'm doing my meal prepping. 

Tip Four:
Keep it simple! We both work Monday to Friday so it's harder to cook during the week. Most week night meals are a piece of meat for him, salad for both, and a beans for me. Mixing up the spices/ingredients helps to ensure variety. Our more complicated recipes take place on the weekend. 

Tip Five:
Portions! I find it extremely helpful to have everything I can set up in portions at the start of the week. I ensure that I eat 1oz of Raw Nuts a day, at the start of the week I make 7 packages of them for the week. 

Have fun! Meal prepping is not intended to be stressful so make sure to have some fun while you're at it! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Healthy 2019!

Healthy 2019: Meal Plans Week One

Healthy 2019: Week Two Meal Plans